ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱯᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ:ᱠᱷᱩᱴ ᱵᱚᱞᱚᱱ ᱦᱚᱨ

ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱯᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ, ᱨᱟᱲᱟ ᱜᱮᱭᱟᱱ ᱯᱩᱛᱷᱤ ᱠᱷᱚᱱ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
System-users.svg

ᱠᱷᱩᱴ ᱵᱚᱞᱚᱜ ᱦᱚᱨ

ᱥᱟᱱᱛᱟᱲᱤ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱯᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱠᱷᱩᱴᱠᱷᱚᱱ ᱡᱚᱦᱟᱨ᱾ ᱱᱚᱱᱰᱮ ᱠᱷᱚᱱ ᱥᱟᱱᱛᱟᱲᱤ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱯᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟᱨᱮ ᱪᱮᱛ ᱠᱟᱹᱢᱤᱠᱚ ᱪᱟᱞᱟᱜ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱚᱱᱟᱠᱚ ᱜᱮᱵᱚᱱ ᱵᱟᱰᱟᱭ ᱫᱟᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ-ᱟ᱾ ᱱᱤᱭᱟᱹᱠᱚ ᱵᱮᱜᱚᱨᱛᱮᱦᱚ ᱚᱠᱛᱟᱜ ᱠᱟᱹᱢᱤᱠᱚ ᱟᱹᱰᱤ ᱩᱥᱟᱹᱨᱟ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ ᱦᱩᱭᱩᱜ-ᱟ᱾ ᱱᱤᱭᱟᱹ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱯᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟᱨᱮ ᱚᱠᱚᱭᱠᱚ ᱢᱮᱱᱟᱜᱠᱚᱭᱟ ᱟᱨ ᱥᱟᱱᱛᱟᱲᱤ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱯᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱪᱟᱹᱞᱤᱛ ᱠᱷᱚᱵᱚᱨᱦᱚᱵᱚᱱ ᱵᱟᱰᱟᱭ ᱫᱟᱨᱤᱜᱢᱟᱵᱚᱱ᱾

Call for Participation, Wikicamp Nepal 2018[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Hi there, Sorry for writing this in English.

We wanted to inform you that Call for Participation for Wikicamp Nepal 2018, which is being held in Lahan, Nepal on November 21–23, 2018 are now being accepted. Call for Participation are open until 30 September 2018, 23:59:59. To learn more about Wikicamp Nepal 2018 Call for Participation, Please visit: m:Wikicamp Nepal 2018/Call for Participation.

To submit for call for participation, please do that this way.

It is highly recommended that presenters review all the material on the Call for Participation page and the associated FAQ before submission. If you have any questions, please contact: wikicampnepal at gmail.com or leave a message at: m:Talk:Wikicamp Nepal 2018/Call for Participation. Please help us spread the word and translate pages, also requested to local sysop to create a Sitenotice about it !

Best regards, Tulsi Bhagat on the behalf of organizing team of Wikicamp Nepal 2018. --ᱟᱢᱤᱨ ᱮ ᱟᱦᱟᱨᱳᱱᱤ (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱘:᱒᱐, ᱑᱕ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)[]

Wikicamp Nepal 2018/19[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Hello ᱠᱷᱩᱴ ᱵᱚᱞᱚᱱ ᱦᱚᱨ,
Sorry for writing in English.

We are glad, you are the part of WCN2018. So, you are WCNian. Congratulations! \o/

The Wikicamp Nepal team is currently discussing on the value and planning process of Wikicamp Nepal 2018/19, and is open until 31 May 2019. The goals are to (1) build a shared understanding of the value of Wikicamp Nepal to help guide camp planning and evaluation, and (2) gather broad community input on what new form(s) Wikicamp Nepal 2019 could take.

We'd like to hear from you on this multilingual survey form. Select your language and please send us your response!

If you have any question(s), feel free to contact: wikicampnepal[at]gmail.com or leave a message at: Talk:Wikicamp Nepal 2018. Kindly help us spread and translate this message!

Many thanks,
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk),
WCN2018 Organizing Team; Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱔:᱔᱓, ᱑᱗ ᱢᱮ ᱒᱐᱑᱙ (UTC)[]

Regarding Sitenotice on this wiki[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Dear administrators of this wiki, Now there are currently 5 notices on the sitenotice of this Wikipedia. It makes the user experience bad when such notices are put on the page. I would like you to install Advance site notice on this Wiki to make the experience more better. You can see it's example on Marathi wikisource --Tiven2240 (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱓:᱑᱒, ᱔ ᱱᱚᱵᱷᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱑᱙ (UTC)[]

Gnome-edit-redo.svgR Ashwani Banjan Murmu: I am not an Administrator on this Wikipedia. There needs to be a Administrator whom I can assist to install this advance feature on this Wiki. I was a admin/technical admin on Marathi wikisource at that time to install that on that wiki. If u can arrange an administrator I can guide how to do the same. Thank you--Tiven2240 (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱙:᱓᱐, ᱔ ᱱᱚᱵᱷᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱑᱙ (UTC)[]
Gnome-edit-redo.svgTiven2240: Yes, I am the Administrator it will be nice if you can assist me for this , can I have your mail ID.R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱔:᱓᱐, ᱕ ᱱᱚᱵᱷᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱑᱙ (UTC)[]
Gnome-edit-redo.svgR Ashwani Banjan Murmu:use this link --Tiven2240 (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱘:᱓᱔, ᱕ ᱱᱚᱵᱷᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱑᱙ (UTC)[]

Content translation[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Hello. Sorry for writing in English. It would be great if Mediawiki's content translation tool is available for Santali language. The project page for this feature is https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Content_translation. Regards and Thanks. RIT RAJARSHI (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱒᱒:᱓᱑, ᱑᱒ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)[]

Update: discussed here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Vtuwo2ur6kx39v9u RIT RAJARSHI (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱒᱒:᱓᱗, ᱑᱒ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)[]

Ordered lists[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Hi!

Ordered lists in Santali are currently shown with Western numbers. Here's a list:

  1. One
  2. Two
  3. Three

It is currently shown like this:

1. One
2. Two
3. Three

Should it be shown with Ol Chiki digits? It will look like this:

᱑. One
᱒. Two
᱓. Three

(It is also possible to put a different character after the number instead of '.', or no character at all.)

Tagging some active users: R Ashwani Banjan Murmu, User:RIT RAJARSHI, Durga Soren, Joy sagar Murmu, MT731, Maina Tudu.

Thanks! --ᱟᱢᱤᱨ ᱮ ᱟᱦᱟᱨᱳᱱᱤ (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱘:᱒᱗, ᱑᱕ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)[]

User:Amire80, It is a very good idea and thank you very much. RIT RAJARSHI (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱑᱕:᱐᱗, ᱑᱕ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)
[]

Hii ::Gnome-edit-redo.svgAmire80:, it will be good if it will look like following order list, and it will have no significant difference whether we put '.' or not but all are following using '.' after every digit.

᱑. One
᱒. Two
᱓. Three

R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱑᱕:᱑᱗, ᱑᱕ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)[]

This is now done. Please test it and let me know if it works.

Note: For technical reasons, it can only work on the Firefox browser, and not on Chrome, Safari, Opera, or the Android browser. I am looking for a way to make it work everywhere. --ᱟᱢᱤᱨ ᱮ ᱟᱦᱟᱨᱳᱱᱤ (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱗:᱑᱒, ᱑᱖ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)[]

Yes. Gnome-edit-redo.svgAmire80: it is working and really awesome. Thank you form the santali wikimedia user group.

New Beta Feature next week[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Please help translate to your language.

The Editing team is working on mw:Talk pages project/replying. The Reply tool is one result of the big mw:Talk pages consultation 2019. Editing is planning to offer the Reply tool to your community as a Beta Feature soon, probably on Wednesday, 14 October. The Reply tool has been used to make more than 25,000 comments at about 20 wikis so far.

The Editing team is particularly interested in learning how well this works for you, especially if you find font problems.

Here's what you need to know:

If you have questions or concerns about this Beta Feature, please contact me. Whatamidoing (WMF) (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱔:᱒᱐, ᱑᱐ ᱚᱠᱴᱚᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)[]

The Beta Feature is available now in Special:Preferences. Whatamidoing (WMF) (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱑᱖:᱑᱑, ᱑᱔ ᱚᱠᱴᱚᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)[]

CentralNotice banner for Wikipedia Asian Month 2020[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Dear colleagues, please comment on CentralNotice banner proposal for Wikipedia Asian Month 2020 (1st November to 30st November, 2020). Thank you! --KOKUYO (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱒᱐:᱓᱓, ᱒᱒ ᱚᱠᱴᱚᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)[]

[Small wiki toolkits] Upcoming bots workshops: Understanding community needs[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Greetings, as you may be aware that as part of Small wiki toolkits - South Asia, we conduct a workshop every month on technical topics to help small wikis. In February, we are planning on organizing a workshop on the topic of bots. Bots are automated tools that carry out repetitive, tedious and mundane tasks. To help us structure the workshop, we would like understand the needs of the community in this regard. Please let us know any of

  • a) repetitive/mundane tasks that you generally do, especially for maintenance
  • b) tasks you think can be automated on your wiki.

Please let us your inputs on workshops talk page, before 7 February 2021. You can also let me know your inputs by emailing me or pinging me here in this section. Please note that you do not need to have any programming knowledge for this workshop or to give input. Regards, KCVelaga ᱑᱓:᱔᱕, ᱒᱘ ᱡᱟᱱᱩᱣᱟᱨᱤ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

ᱪᱷᱟᱸᱪ:Discussion top

ᱥᱟᱱᱟᱢᱯᱟᱲᱟ ᱨᱮ ᱟᱪᱟᱨ ᱵᱮᱵᱷᱟᱨ ᱟᱹᱱᱟᱹᱨᱤ (Universal Code of Conduct) ᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱫᱚᱥᱟᱨ ᱛᱷᱚᱠ[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

ᱡᱚᱦᱟᱨ ᱥᱟᱱᱟᱢ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱯᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱵᱮᱵᱷᱟᱨᱤᱭᱟᱹᱠᱚ, ᱭᱩᱱᱤᱵᱷᱚᱨᱥᱟᱞ ᱠᱳᱰ ᱚᱯᱷᱷ ᱠᱚᱱᱰᱚᱠᱴ ᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱡᱚᱥ ᱫᱚ  ᱥᱟᱱᱟᱢ ᱦᱚᱲ ᱵᱟᱛᱟᱣ ᱞᱮᱠᱟ ᱱᱚᱝᱠᱟᱱ ᱵᱮᱵᱷᱟᱨ ᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ  ᱡᱚᱠᱷᱟ ᱥᱚᱫᱚᱨᱚᱜᱼᱟ  ᱡᱮᱢᱚᱱ ᱵᱤᱱ ᱵᱚᱛᱚᱨ ᱟᱨ ᱵᱟᱝ ᱦᱟᱨᱠᱮᱛ ᱟᱛᱮ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱥᱟᱱᱟᱢ ᱯᱨᱳᱡᱮᱠᱴ , ᱠᱮᱢᱯᱮᱱ ᱟᱨ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱯᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱱᱤᱨᱟᱹᱭ ᱴᱷᱟᱶ ᱟᱛᱮ ᱡᱟᱦᱟᱸᱭ ᱜᱮ  ᱟᱡᱟᱜ ᱮᱱᱮᱢ ᱮ ᱮᱢ ᱫᱟᱲᱮ ᱭᱟᱜᱼᱟ ᱾ UCOC ᱠᱩᱯᱩᱞᱤ ᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱑ᱞᱩ ᱛᱷᱚᱠ ᱪᱟᱞᱟᱣ ᱮᱱ ᱥᱮᱨᱢᱟ ᱢᱩᱪᱟᱹᱫ ᱞᱮᱱᱟ, ᱡᱟᱦᱟᱸᱨᱮ  ᱟᱵᱚ ᱟᱭᱢᱟ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱜᱩᱴ ᱠᱚᱣᱟᱜ ᱫᱤᱥ ᱦᱩᱫᱤᱥ ᱟᱨ ᱵᱤᱪᱟᱹᱨ ᱠᱚ ᱜᱚᱴᱟ ᱟᱛᱮ  ᱰᱽᱨᱟᱯᱷᱴ ᱚᱞ ᱯᱨᱚᱥᱛᱟᱵᱽ. ᱚᱱᱟ ᱰᱽᱨᱟᱯᱷᱴ ᱦᱮᱱ ᱥᱟᱹᱨᱤ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱳᱠᱴᱳᱵᱚᱨ ᱑᱓,᱒᱐᱒᱐ ᱨᱮ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱯᱷᱟᱶᱰᱮᱥᱚᱱ ᱨᱮᱱᱜ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱚᱯᱷ ᱴᱨᱚᱥᱴᱤ ᱴᱷᱮᱫ ᱫᱟᱠᱷᱚᱞ ᱞᱮᱱᱟ ᱾ UCOC  ᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱫᱚᱥᱟᱨ ᱛᱷᱚᱠ ᱨᱮ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ  ᱯᱷᱟᱶᱰᱮᱥᱚᱱ ᱥᱟᱱᱟᱢ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱜᱩᱴ ᱟᱨ ᱠᱮᱢᱯᱮᱱ ᱨᱮ ᱪᱮᱫ ᱞᱮᱠᱟ ᱢᱤᱫ ᱡᱮᱜᱮᱛᱟᱹᱨᱤ ᱵᱮᱵᱷᱟᱨ ᱨᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱨᱟᱭᱨᱤᱛ  ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱩᱼᱟ ᱚᱱᱟ ᱜᱟᱞᱚᱪ ᱥᱟᱱᱟᱭᱮ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱾ ᱱᱚᱣᱟ ᱦᱚᱨᱟ ᱟᱨ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱯᱨᱚᱡᱮᱠᱴᱠᱚ ᱟᱵᱚᱨᱤᱱ ᱮᱱᱮᱢᱤᱭᱟᱹ ᱠᱚ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱱᱟᱯᱟᱭ ᱟᱨ ᱱᱤᱨᱟᱹᱭ ᱴᱷᱟᱶ ᱵᱮᱱᱟᱣ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱟᱞᱮ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱟᱯᱮᱠᱚᱣᱟᱜ ᱫᱟᱢᱟᱱ ᱢᱚᱱᱚᱛ ᱟᱨ ᱵᱤᱪᱟᱹᱨ ᱵᱟᱰᱟᱭᱡᱚᱝ ᱟᱹᱰᱤ ᱟᱥᱚᱠᱟᱭ ᱛᱮ ᱞᱟᱹᱠᱛᱤ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱾ ᱱᱚᱣᱟ ᱡᱟᱹᱨᱩᱲ ᱟᱱ ᱥᱟᱛᱟᱢ  ᱪᱮᱛᱟᱱ ᱨᱮ ᱟᱯᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱫᱟᱢ ᱟᱱ ᱢᱚᱱᱚᱛ ᱟᱨ ᱵᱤᱪᱟᱹᱨ ᱱᱚᱱᱰᱮ ᱥᱚᱡᱷᱮᱢ ᱯᱮ ᱮᱢ ᱫᱟᱲᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱟᱨ ᱵᱟᱝ ᱤᱧᱟᱜ ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱣ ᱥᱟᱦᱴᱟ ᱨᱮᱯᱮ ᱚᱞ ᱫᱟᱲᱮᱭᱟᱜᱼᱟ᱾ᱤᱧᱟᱜ ᱢᱮᱞ ᱟᱭᱰᱤ banand-ctr@wikimedia.org  ᱨᱮᱦᱚᱸᱯᱮ ᱢᱮᱞ ᱫᱟᱲᱮᱭᱟᱜᱼᱟ ᱾ᱥᱟᱨᱦᱟᱣ
(Thank you very much to Shibu Murmu for translating this message in Santali Language. Please put your views and valuable suggestions to make Wikimedia a better and safer place for our contributors. Thanks)--BAnand (WMF) (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱑᱓:᱕᱓, ᱒᱙ ᱡᱟᱱᱩᱣᱟᱨᱤ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC) ᱪᱷᱟᱸᱪ:Discussion bottom[]

Call for feedback: WMF Community Board seats & Office hours tomorrow[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

(sorry for posting in English)

Dear Wikimedians,

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is organizing a call for feedback about community selection processes between February 1 and March 14. Below you will find the problem statement and various ideas from the Board to address it. We are offering multiple channels for questions and feedback. With the help of a team of community facilitators, we are organizing multiple conversations with multiple groups in multiple languages.

During this call for feedback we publish weekly reports and we draft the final report that will be delivered to the Board. With the help of this report, the Board will approve the next steps to organize the selection of six community seats in the upcoming months. Three of these seats are due for renewal and three are new, recently approved.

Participate in this call for feedback and help us form a more diverse and better performing Board of Trustees!

Problems: While the Wikimedia Foundation and the movement have grown about five times in the past ten years, the Board’s structure and processes have remained basically the same. As the Board is designed today, we have a problem of capacity, performance, and lack of representation of the movement’s diversity. This problem was identified in the Board’s 2019 governance review, along with recommendations for how to address it.

To solve the problem of capacity, we have agreed to increase the Board size to a maximum of 16 trustees (it was 10). Regarding performance and diversity, we have approved criteria to evaluate new Board candidates. What is missing is a process to promote community candidates that represent the diversity of our movement and have the skills and experience to perform well on the Board of a complex global organization.

Our current processes to select individual volunteer and affiliate seats have some limitations. Direct elections tend to favor candidates from the leading language communities, regardless of how relevant their skills and experience might be in serving as a Board member, or contributing to the ability of the Board to perform its specific responsibilities. It is also a fact that the current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Western Europe. Meanwhile, our movement has grown larger and more complex, our technical and strategic needs have increased, and we have new and more difficult policy challenges around the globe. As well, our Movement Strategy recommendations urge us to increase our diversity and promote perspectives from other regions and other social backgrounds.

In the upcoming months, we need to renew three community seats and appoint three more community members in the new seats. What process can we all design to promote and choose candidates that represent our movement and are prepared with the experience, skills, and insight to perform as trustees?

Ideas: The Board has discussed several ideas to overcome the problems mentioned above. Some of these ideas could be taken and combined, and some discarded. Other ideas coming from the call for feedback could be considered as well. The ideas are:

  • Ranked voting system. Complete the move to a single transferable vote system, already used to appoint affiliate-selected seats, which is designed to best capture voters’ preferences.
  • Quotas. Explore the possibility of introducing quotas to ensure certain types of diversity in the Board (details about these quotas to be discussed in this call for feedback).
  • Call for types of skills and experiences. When the Board makes a new call for candidates, they would specify types of skills and experiences especially sought.
  • Vetting of candidates. Potential candidates would be assessed using the Trustee Evaluation Form and would be confirmed or not as eligible candidates.
  • Board-delegated selection committee. The community would nominate candidates that this committee would assess and rank using the Trustee Evaluation Form. This committee would have community elected members and Board appointed members.
  • Community-elected selection committee. The community would directly elect the committee members. The committee would assess and rank candidates using the Trustee Evaluation Form.
  • Election of confirmed candidates. The community would vote for community nominated candidates that have been assessed and ranked using the Trustee Evaluation Form. The Board would appoint the most voted candidates.
  • Direct appointment of confirmed candidates. After the selection committee produces a ranked list of community nominated candidates, the Board would appoint the top-ranked candidates directly.

Call for feedback: The call for feedback runs from February 1 until the end of March 14. We are looking for a broad representation of opinions. We are interested in the reasoning and the feelings behind your opinions. In a conversation like this one, details are important. We want to support good conversations where everyone can share and learn from others. We want to hear from those who understand Wikimedia governance well and are already active in movement conversations. We also want to hear from people who do not usually contribute to discussions. Especially those who are active in their own roles, topics, languages or regions, but usually not in, say, a call for feedback on Meta.

You can participate by joining the Telegram chat group, and giving feedback on any of the talk pages on Meta-Wiki. We are welcoming the organisation of conversations in any language and in any channel. If you want us to organize a conversation or a meeting for your wiki project or your affiliate, please write to me. I will also reach out to communities and affiliates to soon have focused group discussions.

An office hour is also happening tomorrow at 12 pm (UTC) to discuss this topic. Access link will be available 15 minutes before the scheduled time (please watch the office hour page for the link, and I will also share on mailing lists). In case you are not able to make it, please don't worry, there will be more discussions and meetings in the next few weeks.

Regards, KCVelaga (WMF) ᱑᱖:᱓᱑, ᱑ ᱯᱷᱮᱵᱽᱨᱩᱣᱟᱨᱤ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

[Small wiki toolkits] Bot workshop: 27 February[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we are happy to announce the second workshop of this year. The workshop will be on "bots", and we will be learning how to perform tasks on wiki by running automated scripts, about Pywikibot and how it can be used to help with repetitive processes and editing, and the Pywikibot community, learning resources and community venues. Please note that you do not need any technical experience to attend the workshop, only some experience contributing to Wikimedia projects is enough.

Details of the workshop are as follows:

Please sign-up on the registration page at https://w.wiki/yYg.

Note: We are providing modest internet stipends to attend the workshops, for those who need and wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. More information on this can be found on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, ᱑᱐:᱑᱑, ᱑᱘ ᱯᱷᱮᱵᱽᱨᱩᱣᱟᱨᱤ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)

WMF Community Board seats: Upcoming panel discussions[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

As a result of the first three weeks of the call for feedback on WMF Community Board seats, three topics turned out to be the focus of the discussion. Additionally, a new idea has been introduced by a community member recently: Candidates resources. We would like to pursue these focus topics and the new idea appropriately, discussing them in depth and collecting new ideas and fresh approaches by running four panels in the next week. Every panel includes four members from the movement covering many regions, backgrounds and experiences, along with a trustee of the Board. Every panel will last 45 minutes, followed by a 45-minute open mic discussion, where everyone’s free to ask questions or to contribute to the further development of the panel's topics.

To counter spamming, the meeting link will be updated on the Meta-Wiki pages and also on the Telegram announcements channel, 15 minutes before the official start.

Let me know if you have any questions, KCVelaga (WMF), ᱐᱘:᱓᱖, ᱑᱐ ᱢᱟᱨᱪ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

[Small wiki toolkits] Workshop on "Debugging/fixing template errors" - 27 March[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we are happy to announce the third workshop of this year. The workshop will be on "Debugging/fixing template errors", and we will learn how to address the common template errors on wikis (related but not limited to importing templates, translating them, Lua, etc.).

Note: We are providing modest internet stipends to attend the workshops, for those who need and wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. More information on this can be found on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, ᱐᱗:᱐᱑, ᱑᱖ ᱢᱟᱨᱪ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)

Scanner in Bhubaneswar (Odisha, India) for those interested to scan Santali books/text[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Johar to all the Santali Wikimedia community! Apologies for writing this message in English (I'd really appreciate if any of you could kindly help translate in Santali to make the message accessible). My name is Subhashish and I am from the Odia Wikimedians User Group. I am writing to you all to invite an opportunity for availing a scanner in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Recently, we requested the Access to Knowledge (CIS-A2K) program for a specialized scanner that helps scan and digitize books and other printed/handwritten text. The scanner is now housed at Srujanika in Bhubaneswar. Though we mentioned of using the scanner for Odia books, any of you who are in Bhubaneswar can visit the Srujanika office and scan Santali books/text. However, it would be great if you could share your plans a few days in advance by emailing me. I could then connect you with Srujanika. NOTE: Because of the ongoing COVID risks, you might have to take extra precautions for your own safety and the safety of Srujanika staff. --Psubhashish (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱗:᱒᱗, ᱑᱓ ᱮᱯᱨᱤᱞ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

[Small wiki toolkits] Workshop on "Designing responsive main pages" - 30 April (Friday)[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we would like to announce the third workshop of this year on “Designing responsive main pages”. The workshop will take place on 30 April (Friday). During this workshop, we will learn to design main pages of a wiki to be responsive. This will allow the pages to be mobile-friendly, by adjusting the width and the height according to various screen sizes. Participants are expected to have a good understanding of Wikitext/markup and optionally basic CSS.

Details of the workshop are as follows:

If you are interested, please sign-up on the registration page at https://w.wiki/3CGv.

Note: We are providing modest internet stipends to attend the workshops, for those who need and wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. More information on this can be found on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, ᱑᱕:᱕᱒, ᱑᱙ ᱮᱯᱨᱤᱞ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)

Intimation about the Research Proposal on Gender Gap[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Dear Wikimedians,

Hope you are doing well. We would like to inform you that we (User: Praveenky1589 and User: Nitesh Gill) have proposed a research project for Project Grant. The study will focus on analyzing gender-based differences in leadership of Indian Wikimedia communities. The purpose of the research project is to analyse the growth of projects under different leadership, reasons behind the difference in engagement, contribution and iterations of the project. It also aims to study-

How male and female leadership impacts volunteer contribution and their retention?

The output of events under different leadership and the future of projects and leaders.

The study will be conducted on the last 5 years of online and offline activities. For knowing more about the project please visit the proposal page and share your valuable feedback and suggestions on the talk page. We look forward to refining it more following your valuable inputs and questions. 

Thank you Nitesh Gill (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱑᱗:᱓᱐, ᱑᱙ ᱮᱯᱨᱤᱞ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

Invitation for Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Hello there,

We are inviting you to participate in Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021, a global contest scheduled to run from July through August 2021.

Participants will choose among Wikipedia pages without photo images, then add a suitable file from among the many thousands of photos in the Wikimedia Commons, especially those uploaded from thematic contests (Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Folklore, etc.) over the years.

In its first year (2020), 36 Wikimedia communities in 27 countries joined the campaign. Events relating to the campaign included training organized by at least 18 Wikimedia communities in 14 countries.

The campaign resulted in the addition of media files (photos, audios and videos) to more than 90,000 Wikipedia articles in 272 languages.

Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP) offers an ideal task for recruiting and guiding new editors through the steps of adding content to existing pages. Besides individual participation, the WPWP campaign can be used by user groups and chapters to organize editing workshops and edit-a-thons.

The organizing team is looking for a contact person to coordinate WPWP participation at the Wikimedia user group or chapter level (geographically or thematically) or for a language WP. We’d be glad for you to reply to this message, or sign up directly at WPWP Participating Communities.

Please feel free to contact Organizing Team if you have any query.

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat
Communication Manager
Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos Campaign
Message delivered by MediaWiki message delivery (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱓:᱕᱔, ᱕ ᱢᱮ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

Call for Election Volunteers: 2021 WMF Board elections[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Hello all,

Based on an extensive call for feedback earlier this year, the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees announced the plan for the 2021 Board elections. Apart from improving the technicalities of the process, the Board is also keen on improving active participation from communities in the election process. During the last elections, Voter turnout in prior elections was about 10% globally. It was better in communities with volunteer election support. Some of those communities reached over 20% voter turnout. We know we can get more voters to help assess and promote the best candidates, but to do that, we need your help.

We are looking for volunteers to serve as Election Volunteers. Election Volunteers should have a good understanding of their communities. The facilitation team sees Election Volunteers as doing the following:

  • Promote the election and related calls to action in community channels.
  • With the support from facilitators, organize discussions about the election in their communities.
  • Translate “a few” messages for their communities

Check out more details about Election Volunteers and add your name next to the community you will support in this table. We aim to have at least one Election Volunteer, even better if there are two or more sharing the work. If you have any queries, please ping me under this message or email me. Regards, KCVelaga (WMF) ᱐᱕:᱒᱑, ᱑᱒ ᱢᱮ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

Candidates from South Asia for 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board Elections[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may be aware, the Wikimedia Foundation has started elections for community seats on the Board of Trustees. While previously there were three community seats on the Board, with the expansion of the Board to sixteen seats last year, community seats have been increased to eight, four of which are up for election this year.

In the last fifteen years of the Board's history, there were only a few candidates from the South Asian region who participated in the elections, and hardly anyone from the community had a chance to serve on the Board. While there are several reasons for this, this time, the Board and WMF are very keen on encouraging and providing support to potential candidates from historically underrepresented regions. This is a good chance to change the historical problem of representation from the South Asian region in high-level governance structures.

Ten days after the call for candidates began, there aren't any candidates from South Asia yet, there are still 10 days left! I would like to ask community members to encourage other community members, whom you think would be potential candidates for the Board. While the final decision is completely up to the person, it can be helpful to make sure that they are aware of the election and the call for candidates.

Let me know if you need any information or support.

Thank you, KCVelaga (WMF) ᱑᱐:᱐᱓, ᱑᱙ ᱡᱩᱱ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

Wiki Loves Women South Asia 2021[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Wikiloveswomen logo.svg

Wiki Loves Women South Asia is back with the 2021 edition. Join us to minify gender gaps and enrich Wikipedia with more diversity. Happening from 1 September - 30 September, Wiki Loves Women South Asia welcomes the articles created on gender gap theme. This year we will focus on women's empowerment and gender discrimination related topics.

We warmly invite you to help organize or participate in the competition in your community. You can learn more about the scope and the prizes at the project page.

Best wishes,
Wiki Loves Women Team
᱑᱗:᱔᱖, ᱑᱑ ᱡᱩᱞᱟᱭ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)

[Wikimedia Foundation elections 2021] Candidates meet with South Asia + ESEAP communities[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may already know, the 2021 Board of Trustees elections are from 4 August 2021 to 17 August 2021. Members of the Wikimedia community have the opportunity to elect four candidates to a three-year term.

After a three-week-long Call for Candidates, there are 20 candidates for the 2021 election. This event is for community members of South Asian and ESEAP communities to know the candidates and interact with them.

  • The event will be on 31 July 2021 (Saturday), and the timings are:
  • India & Sri Lanka: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
  • Bangladesh: 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
  • Nepal: 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm
  • Afghanistan: 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm
  • Pakistan & Maldives: 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm

KCVelaga (WMF), ᱑᱐:᱐᱐, ᱑᱙ ᱡᱩᱞᱟᱭ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

2021 WMF Board election postponed until August 18th[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Hello all,

We are reaching out to you today regarding the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. This election was due to open on August 4th. Due to some technical issues with SecurePoll, the election must be delayed by two weeks. This means we plan to launch the election on August 18th, which is the day after Wikimania concludes. For information on the technical issues, you can see the Phabricator ticket.

We are truly sorry for this delay and hope that we will get back on schedule on August 18th. We are in touch with the Elections Committee and the candidates to coordinate the next steps. We will update the Board election Talk page and Telegram channel as we know more.

Thanks for your patience, KCVelaga (WMF), ᱐᱓:᱔᱙, ᱓ ᱚᱜᱚᱥᱴ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

Invitation for Wiki Loves Women South Asia 2021[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Wiki Loves Women South Asia 2021
September 1 - September 30, 2021view details!


Wiki Loves Women South Asia.svg
Wiki Loves Women South Asia is back with the 2021 edition. Join us to minify gender gaps and enrich Wikipedia with more diversity. Happening from 1 September - 30 September, Wiki Loves Women South Asia welcomes the articles created on gender gap theme. This year we will focus on women's empowerment and gender discrimination related topics.

We are proud to announce and invite you and your community to participate in the competition. You can learn more about the scope and the prizes at the project page.
Best wishes,

Wiki Loves Women Team

᱑᱘:᱓᱙, ᱑᱓ ᱚᱜᱚᱥᱴ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Election is open: 18 - 31 August 2021[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Voting for the 2021 Board of Trustees election is now open. Candidates from the community were asked to submit their candidacy. After a three-week-long Call for Candidates, there are 19 candidates for the 2021 election.

The Wikimedia movement has the opportunity to vote for the selection of community and affiliate trustees. By voting, you will help to identify those people who have the qualities to best serve the needs of the movement for the next several years. The Board is expected to select the four most voted candidates to serve as trustees. Voting closes 31 August 2021.

Read the full announcement and see translations on Meta-Wiki.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding voting. KCVelaga (WMF), ᱐᱖:᱑᱑, ᱑᱘ ᱚᱜᱚᱥᱴ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned for 17 August 2021 through 17 October 2021.

These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. The committee will revise the guidelines based upon community input.

Comments can be shared in any language on the draft review talk page and multiple other venues. Community members are encouraged to organize conversations in their communities.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Summaries of discussions will be posted every two weeks here.

Please let me know if you have any questions. KCVelaga (WMF), ᱐᱖:᱒᱔, ᱑᱘ ᱚᱜᱚᱥᱴ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

[Reminder] Wikimedia Foundation elections 2021: 3 days left to vote[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may already know, Wikimedia Foundation elections started on 18 August and will continue until 31 August, 23:59 UTC i.e. ~ 3 days left.

Members of the Wikimedia community have the opportunity to elect four candidates to a three-year term.

Here are the links that might be useful for voting.

We have also published stats regarding voter turnout so far, you can check how many eligible voters from your wiki has voted on this page.

Please let me know if you have any questions. KCVelaga (WMF), ᱐᱕:᱔᱐, ᱒᱙ ᱚᱜᱚᱥᱴ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

Results of 2021 Wikimedia Foundation elections[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2021 Board election. The Elections Committee has reviewed the votes of the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election, organized to select four new trustees. A record 6,873 people from across 214 projects cast their valid votes. The following four candidates received the most support:

  • Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
  • Victoria Doronina
  • Dariusz Jemielniak
  • Lorenzo Losa

While these candidates have been ranked through the community vote, they are not yet appointed to the Board of Trustees. They still need to pass a successful background check and meet the qualifications outlined in the Bylaws. The Board has set a tentative date to appoint new trustees at the end of this month.

Read the full announcement here. MediaWiki message delivery (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱒:᱕᱖, ᱘ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

Universal Code of Conduct EDGR conversation hour for South Asia[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may already know, the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of behaviour for collaboration on Wikimedia projects worldwide. Communities may add to this to develop policies that take account of local and cultural context while maintaining the criteria listed here as a minimum standard. The Wikimedia Foundation Board has ratified the policy in December 2020.

The current round of conversations is around how the Universal Code of Conduct should be enforced across different Wikimedia platforms and spaces. This will include training of community members to address harassment, development of technical tools to report harassment, and different levels of handling UCoC violations, among other key areas.

The conversation hour is an opportunity for community members from South Asia to discuss and provide their feedback, which will be passed on to the drafting committee. The details of the conversation hour are as follows:

You can also attend the global round table sessions hosted on 18 September - more details can be found on this page. MediaWiki message delivery (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱑᱐:᱔᱗, ᱑᱐ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]

Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]

This is a short message with an update from the Movement Charter process. The call for candidates for the Drafting Committee closed September 14, and we got a diverse range of candidates. The committee will consist of 15 members, and those will be (s)elected via three different ways.

The 15 member committee will be selected with a 3-step process:

  • Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
  • Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
  • Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.

The community elections will take place between October 11 and October 24. The other process will take place in parallel, so that all processes will be concluded by November 1.

For the full context of the Movement Charter, its role, as well the process for its creation, please have a look at Meta. You can also contact us at any time on Telegram or via email (wikimedia2030@wikimedia.org).

Best, RamzyM (WMF) ᱐᱒:᱔᱖, ᱒᱒ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ (UTC)[]