ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱯᱤᱰᱤᱭᱟ:ᱠᱷᱩᱴ ᱵᱚᱞᱚᱱ ᱦᱚᱨ
Call for Participation, Wikicamp Nepal 2018[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]
Hi there, Sorry for writing this in English.
We wanted to inform you that Call for Participation for Wikicamp Nepal 2018, which is being held in Lahan, Nepal on November 21–23, 2018 are now being accepted. Call for Participation are open until 30 September 2018, 23:59:59. To learn more about Wikicamp Nepal 2018 Call for Participation, Please visit: m:Wikicamp Nepal 2018/Call for Participation.
To submit for call for participation, please do that this way.
It is highly recommended that presenters review all the material on the Call for Participation page and the associated FAQ before submission. If you have any questions, please contact: wikicampnepal at gmail.com or leave a message at: m:Talk:Wikicamp Nepal 2018/Call for Participation. Please help us spread the word and translate pages, also requested to local sysop to create a Sitenotice about it !
Wikicamp Nepal 2018/19[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]
Hello ᱠᱷᱩᱴ ᱵᱚᱞᱚᱱ ᱦᱚᱨ,
Sorry for writing in English.
We are glad, you are the part of WCN2018. So, you are WCNian. Congratulations! \o/
The Wikicamp Nepal team is currently discussing on the value and planning process of Wikicamp Nepal 2018/19, and is open until 31 May 2019. The goals are to (1) build a shared understanding of the value of Wikicamp Nepal to help guide camp planning and evaluation, and (2) gather broad community input on what new form(s) Wikicamp Nepal 2019 could take.
We'd like to hear from you on this multilingual survey form. Select your language and please send us your response!
If you have any question(s), feel free to contact: wikicampnepal[at]gmail.com or leave a message at: Talk:Wikicamp Nepal 2018. Kindly help us spread and translate this message!
Regarding Sitenotice on this wiki[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]
Dear administrators of this wiki, Now there are currently 5 notices on the sitenotice of this Wikipedia. It makes the user experience bad when such notices are put on the page. I would like you to install Advance site notice on this Wiki to make the experience more better. You can see it's example on Marathi wikisource --Tiven2240 (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱓:᱑᱒, ᱔ ᱱᱚᱵᱷᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱑᱙ (UTC)
- @Tiven2240 thanks for your valuable suggestion, we have no problem if you can install Advance site notice in our wiki. R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱗:᱔᱐, ᱔ ᱱᱚᱵᱷᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱑᱙ (UTC)
- R Ashwani Banjan Murmu: I am not an Administrator on this Wikipedia. There needs to be a Administrator whom I can assist to install this advance feature on this Wiki. I was a admin/technical admin on Marathi wikisource at that time to install that on that wiki. If u can arrange an administrator I can guide how to do the same. Thank you--Tiven2240 (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱙:᱓᱐, ᱔ ᱱᱚᱵᱷᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱑᱙ (UTC)
- Tiven2240: Yes, I am the Administrator it will be nice if you can assist me for this , can I have your mail ID.R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱔:᱓᱐, ᱕ ᱱᱚᱵᱷᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱑᱙ (UTC)
Content translation[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]
Hello. Sorry for writing in English. It would be great if Mediawiki's content translation tool is available for Santali language. The project page for this feature is https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Content_translation. Regards and Thanks. RIT RAJARSHI (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱒᱒:᱓᱑, ᱑᱒ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)
Update: discussed here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Vtuwo2ur6kx39v9u RIT RAJARSHI (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱒᱒:᱓᱗, ᱑᱒ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)
Ordered lists[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]
Ordered lists in Santali are currently shown with Western numbers. Here's a list:
It is currently shown like this:
Should it be shown with Ol Chiki digits? It will look like this:
(It is also possible to put a different character after the number instead of '.', or no character at all.)
Hii ::Amire80:, it will be good if it will look like following order list, and it will have no significant difference whether we put '.' or not but all are following using '.' after every digit.
This is now done. Please test it and let me know if it works.
Note: For technical reasons, it can only work on the Firefox browser, and not on Chrome, Safari, Opera, or the Android browser. I am looking for a way to make it work everywhere. --ᱟᱢᱤᱨ ᱮ ᱟᱦᱟᱨᱳᱱᱤ (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱐᱗:᱑᱒, ᱑᱖ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)
Yes. Amire80: it is working and really awesome. Thank you form the santali wikimedia user group.
New Beta Feature next week[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]
Please help translate to your language.
The Editing team is working on mw:Talk pages project/replying. The Reply tool is one result of the big mw:Talk pages consultation 2019. Editing is planning to offer the Reply tool to your community as a Beta Feature soon, probably on Wednesday, 14 October. The Reply tool has been used to make more than 25,000 comments at about 20 wikis so far.
The Editing team is particularly interested in learning how well this works for you, especially if you find font problems.
Here's what you need to know:
- Using the Reply tool is optional. The Beta Feature will be turned off. If you want to try it, you will need to go to Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures and turn it on next Wednesday (or maybe Thursday).
- There are a few things that you might want to check.
- Check mw:Help:DiscussionTools/Why can't I reply to this comment? for information about "unsigned" templates and other information.
- Some languages use a particular style for signatures. For example, Japanese does not add a space between the comment and the signature. I don't think that's the case here, but if I've guessed wrong, then you can define the signature format for all users at MediaWiki:Discussiontools-signature-prefix.
- Missing or wrong translations can be fixed at Translatewiki.net.
- If you have questions or encounter problems, please leave a note at mw:Talk:Talk pages project/replying. That's the fastest way to reach the devs.
- The Beta Feature is available now in Special:Preferences. Whatamidoing (WMF) (ᱜᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ) ᱑᱖:᱑᱑, ᱑᱔ ᱚᱠᱴᱚᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ (UTC)