The santali wikipedia was launched on 2nd August 2018 after collective efforts of santali wikipedians of India , Bangladesh and Nepal. Since then it is trying to expand its content and grow. In the past year it has conducted workshops, outreach programmes and arranged its own anniversary edit-a-thon to promote and aware the readers about the Santali Wikipedia. This year amid the COVID19 pandemic the community is trying best to engage itself through two months edit-a-thon to increase the content of the santali wikipedia. It will conduct some social media campaigns to make people and will try for any virtual meet up.
2nd Anniversary Editathon of Santali Wikipedia[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]
The edit-a-thon is a part of anniversary celebration. the objective of the event is:
- To make Santali Wikipedia more popular
- Create awareness about santali Wikipedia
- Create opportunity for the new users.
- Create friendly and healthy competitive environment among the users.
- Increase the content of the Santali Wikipedia.
- 1st June 2020 - 02 August 2020
- Minimum words of a article must be of 3000 bytes and 300 words.
- Article must be created between 1st June to 2nd August 2020.
- Topic for the articles are open.
- Article should not have any copy rights and should have appropriate reference and citation.
- Users contributed more than five articles will get participation certificate and a Santali Wikipedia T-Shirt.
- Users contributing fifty and above articles will get their champion certificate as well as participation certificate and a Santali Wikipedia T- Shirt.
- Users participating for 1st time will get the participation irrespective of their contribution.
- At the end of every week the story of top three contributors of the edit-a-thon will shared in our Wikipedia Facebook page and its twitter handle.
- The photo of top contributor of the week of the edit-a-thon will be kept as cover picture of of Wikipedia Facebook page and its twitter handle.
- At the end of 1st month the story of top five contributors of the edit-a-thon will shared in our Wikipedia Facebook page and its twitter handle.
- At the end of the edit-a-thon the story of top five contributors of the edit-a-thon will shared in our Wikipedia Facebook page and its twitter handle and the photo of top five contributors of the edit-a-thon will be kept as cover picture of of Wikipedia Facebook page and its twitter handle for a month.
Other Events of Anniversary[ᱯᱷᱮᱰᱟᱛ ᱥᱟᱯᱲᱟᱣ]
- Workshop and conference at Dinajpur, Bangladesh
- Virtual conference among the Santali wikipedian of India Bangladesh Nepal.
- Sharing of tutorial video of Santali Wikipedia from 3rd of August to 7th August on various social media platform.